How about some extra ways to make money from home? Once in awhile we all need some extra cash, but it is better to focus on the real ways to increase income rather than saving few bucks here and there.
WANT MORE? JOIN MY UPCOMING FREE MASTERCLASS JULY 27TH 6 PM CST
This is for you if you are a service based women entrepreneur and want to create your own infoproduct, sell it like hot cake and make consistent income in your business!
If you are working as an employee, you are not in charge of your income. The one who signs your paycheck controls your life. The question is, shouldn’t that be you? Would you like to get an extra paycheck on your own terms?
Remember, there are only two ways to increase your net worth:
- Live below your means, spend less than you make, and invest what is left.
- Increase your income and invest the rest.
The number of Internet users increases every year. Statistics shows the third billion was reached in 2014, and approximately 40% of world population has already Internet connection. Moreover, according to eMarketer, nearly half of the world’s population will have regular access to Internet by 2018.
There are millions of scams online how to get rich fast. Stay away of these ones. Here are the real extra ways to make money from home so you can get an extra paycheck every month. Since data entry, surveys, etc typically only pay few bucks, I did not include those. The smarter you work and the more income streams you have, the faster you get out of debt and achieve your financial goals.
100+ Extra Ways to Make Money From Home
Extra ways to make money from home with your home
- Rent out your own house, condo, room or even your living room couch for visitors. You can set your own criteria for your visitors. Easiest way to do it is through Airbnb. You can easily make extra $100 to $1000 per month.
- Have an exchange student stay with your family. However, making money should not be your first priority, instead sharing your culture and life with a foreign student. Different programs pay different amounts, but an average is about $1000 per month and it is meant to cover student’s monthly expenses. The truth is, most likely the expenses are not that high. If you are interested in opening your heart and home to an exchange student, this option may be for you.
- Rent out your space for storage. You can rent out your attic, basement, extra room, garage, etc. using Store at My House and set your own price. This is an awesome way to write yourself a check every month.
Extra ways to make money from home with your driveway and/or a car
- Rent out your driveway or parking space at home. Just Park is a great place to list your space, availability and price. There is a huge demand for this service as it saves people money and gives peace of mind as well. However, for you, instead, it would be an easy and fast cash flow. If you have many parking spaces, you can even make more money.
- Rent out your car and use Rely Rides website. Your car is covered by their $1,000,000 liability policy during every rental. It covers any damage to or theft from your car, with no out-of-pocket expenses. They screen every renter, so all you really need to do is to provide availability and get paid!
Get paid to help people by sharing your knowledge and using your skills
If you love coaching, listening and teaching, you might want to consider tutoring career. This is a a very popular extra way to make money from home. You can sell your lessons, create online course, answer questions, provide coaching.
- Skillshare – you can teach your own classes and teaching experience is not required.
- Maven – everyone knows something that could be useful for others. List yourself based on your expertise, share your knowledge and get paid.
- Udemy – create your very own tutoring classes fast and easy. You can reach students worldwide.
- Teachers Pay Teachers – as a teacher you can sell your lessons to other teachers and make extra money. You can list several lessons and earn extra cash.
- eNotes pays you for your tutoring services, answering students’ questions and selling your materials.
- WebTeach is a great way to teach online. If you are looking for extra ways to make money from home, and you have a passion for teaching, this is a way to go.
- BrainMass provides a platform for Academic Experts to author content, earn money, create and share knowledge, get published, build their names and get involved in a world-wide community.
- Tutor hires tutors in specific fields. If you feel tutoring is your passion and you have the skills you need, you should check them out.
- Language Development System is for native English speakers who wish to teach English online.
- GoFLUENT offers several positions worldwide.
- PrepNow Tutoring is a great place for tutors as well.
Extra ways to make money from home as a Translator
If you are looking for great extra ways to make money from home, becoming a translator is a rewarding option. Depending on your native language and skills you can find the best option for you.
- Verbal Ink is always looking for new translators to their growing team.
- Gengo is a popular place for translators all around the world. There are no obligations and you can easily work with flexible schedule. They pay you twice a month.
- Language Line offers translating jobs for work at home translators across many countries.
- WorldLingo has often offers for freelance translators.
- Verilogue might occasionally have great offers available.
- TextMaster is a great option for anyone who is looking for extra ways to make money from home as a translator. You can also earn extra income with writing or proofreading.
- VerbalizeIt offers freelance translating jobs. You can also earn cash with interpretation or transcription.
- Fiverr is another great way to find translation options. You pick your own projects.
Work as a Virtual Assistant for a company
There are two ways to provide VA service – you either work for a company or become an online entrepreneur. It all comes down to your personal preferences. Working for a company quite often requires to work during normal business hours, not only during weekends or evenings. Here are some great options to get you started immediately based on your skills.
- Time Etc – apply online and pick which duties interest you. This is a great way to get paid monthly while still having flexibility in your own life. They make sure you only take the duties that are relevant for your skills.
- Contemporary Virtual Assistance – offers list of VA jobs that are currently available. Make sure to go back often as they update the information often.
- eaHelp is another wonderful company that is always looking for new Virtual Assistants. However, they often require higher degrees with at least five years of experience as an executive assistant.
Become a freelance Virtual Assistant
Working as a freelancer allows you to pick your own hours and clients you want to work with. However, there is also a major downside, especially if you are still a beginner – you need to find your own clients. Therefore it is helpful to search jobs on following sites:
- Virtual Assistants – great site to search VA jobs that match with your skills.
- Fiverr provides you an option to market yourself. You can create several gigs and get paid securely. You can also offer other services, such as tutoring, web design, marketing, accounting, business consulting, translations, etc. to boost your income.
- Upwork is another wonderful option to make extra money as a virtual assistant. If you have other skills as well (for instance, web developer, etc), you can find jobs related to that as well.
Become an Online Entrepreneur
JOIN FINANCIALLY WISE ENTREPRENEUR Facebook Group (it’s free!)
If you are looking for extra ways to make money from home, becoming an online entrepreneur can either be the perfect option or the worst decision. You need to have the entrepreneur personality and most importantly, you must be aware you need to invest in order to profit.
Remember, Ramit Sethi teaches there’s a limit how much you can save, but there’s no limit to how much you can earn. The good news is, as an online entrepreneur you can potentially make so much more than just some extra cash.
- Virtual Assistant business is a very rewarding and growing business. As a VA you can offer services to your clients depending on their specific needs, and work with them personally. If you want to start your own VA business, you can get it running in only 30 days.
- Start your own daycare business in your home. This course may help you get you started.
- Start a blog and make money by offering your services, selling e-products, coaching, affiliate marketing, ads, advertisement, etc. You can get a Bluehost hosting very cheap and use Aweber templates for newsletters. If you don’t want to hire an expensive web designer, just get a beautiful BluChic theme. They offer great choices and all themes are desktop, tablet and mobile responsive.
If you would like to start a blog, check out my 3 Step guide how to set up a blog and newsletter and get traffic.
If you would like to start an online business, join the Visionary Entrepreneur Online Program. It will teach you how you can start and grow your online business. Nothing is by chance, you need to be strategic. It will teach you how.
Nothing is more rewarding than having the quality time with your family and running your online business on your own terms. Business, that creates you more than enough revenue and makes a difference in the world.
Extra ways to make money from home as a Writer
If you love writing and doing research online, writing can be an excellent way to make money from home. There are numerous extra ways to make money from home. The pay depends on your experience, topic and particular client.
There are several content sites that pay you to write:
- Demand Media
- Break Studios
- BKA Content
- Article Document
- Boost Media
- Online Writing Jobs
- Writer Access
- Words of Worth
- Edit Fast
- Hire Writers
- Internet Brands
You may also want to pitch to blogs that pay you to write:
Find your own clients:
- Do some research in your own niche and find blogs/companies with blogs who potentially need help. Cold pitch and reach out to potential dream clients.
- Fiverr could be helpful to get started as well.
- Start a blog your own. This helps potential clients to read your work and you can advertise your writing services on your site as much as you want.
Extra ways to make money from home as an Editor
If you love to edit and proofread, editing can be a great choice as one of the extra ways to make money from home. Many writing sites listed before also offer editing and proofreading options.
- American Journal Experts
- Demand Media
- Academic English Editing
- Edit Fast
- Kirkus Media
- Writer’s Relief
Extra ways to make money from home as a (Web) Designer
If you have the skills and passion, you can make tons of extra cash from home as a web designer or designing logos, pictures, newsletters, etc. You can use PicMonkey to create beautiful pictures for bloggers. It is best to create your own website first where you can show your portfolio. Additional ways to find clients include:
- Krop is a great job board with many options.
- Coroflot is another job board that has always numerous job offers.
- Demand Media
- Freelancer has numerous options to find the perfect job.
- Smashing Jobs
- Behance has occasionally great offers as well.
Make money from home as a Transcriber
Transcription can be a great way to even earn full-time income from home, however, it may also require medical training. Despite that, you may also get the job with no experience. If you are detail-oriented and don’t mind learning new things, check out the following companies that are looking for work at home transcribers:
- GMR Transcription
- Casting Words
- AccuTran Global
- Focus Forward
- Verbal Ink
- Get Transcribed
- eTranscription Solutions
- Daily Transcription
- Verilogue has occasional offers.
Extra ways to make money from home by doing Search Engine Evaluations
Earn extra income (around $12-15 per hour) by doing search engine evaluation. This is great if you are looking for a part-time position, because most of them require only 2 hour commitment per day and 5 days per week.
- Leapforce is open to many countries and languages.
- iSoftStone offers also positions worldwide.
- Appen has often great opportunities available to for search engine evaluation and social media evaluation. Applications are welcome worldwide.
- Lionbridge is available in many countries.
- ZeroChaos offers many positions to work from home in the US.
Wrap Up: How Can I Make Some Extra Money From Home?
Here are some simple ways to determine which of the jobs mentioned before could be right for you:
- Discover your talent and passion, because no job is fun if you don’t love it no matter how much cash it brings in.
- Determine whether you need a temporary or a permanent job.
- Get clear whether this is just an extra cash or are you in need of a serious real income stream.
If you know anybody who is looking for some extra ways to make money from home, please share it with them.
JOIN FINANCIALLY FREE ENTREPRENEUR FACEBOOK GROUP (It’s free!)
What are your extra ways to make money from home? Share below!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through this link may result in a commission with no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own. Read Disclosure Policy.